The 21st century has seen the rise of cheating and infidelity. Broken relationships and marriages have been witnessed all over. Divorces too have been on the rise day by day. Even the happiest of marriages and relationships may be rocked with partners cheating. Women in relationships may cheat due to various reasons including:
1. A woman may cheat when she feels unappreciated. When a woman feels as though she is ignored or neglected, she may cheat. A woman needs to feel that she is recognized as a wife or girlfriend rather than a financial provider or nanny.
Seeking affection and appreciation outside a relationship may lead to cheating. When someone outside the relationship often appreciates her, she may cheat. She may feel that someone else recognizes her more than her partner.
2. A woman may cheat because she craves intimacy. Relationships have their up and downs. During such times, intimacy may die down. Intimacy involves the emotional connection between partners. Talking and having fun together form huge parts of intimacy. When this lacks, one may decide to seek it elsewhere.
3. A woman who is lonely may also cheat. Loneliness may come from long working hours of the spouse or regular travels. Emotionally unavailability in a relationship may also make a woman feel lonely.
There are very many causes of loneliness within relationships. These causes may drive a woman into cheating. Cheating makes a woman seek connections to fill the void with her.
4. Some women expect too much from a relationship. A woman may expect that her spouse should always be around her throughout. When this does not happen, she may seek attention elsewhere. One may also expect that the partner will meet all her needs indefinitely. Where this does not occur, cheating may transpire.
5. Sexual satisfaction is important for both partners within a relationship. Women enjoy sex as much as men also do. When a woman is not satisfied by her man, she may seek satisfaction elsewhere. Partners should ensure that they are able to satisfy their partners when it comes to sex.
6. Women who may have experienced trauma in the early stages of life may cheat. This happens as an act of trying to master the trauma or abuse that she may have experienced earlier in life. Such abuse may affect a woman psychologically.
Cheating is a betrayal to a partner. There are many reasons why women cheat on their partners. Trust and communication should help in making relationships work. Intimacy and sexual satisfaction have to happen in order to get rid of cheating thoughts.